Monday, October 22, 2012

Books have an impact


After a long time, am writing now regarding the books that I read in the past few months. Suddenly, I started buying books which have become super hits or fellow bloggers who recommended. And have been buying/reading one in a month and must say it is totally relaxing and inspirational.

Most of the books that I have mentioned here are bought online, library and downloaded in smart phone.
It is a collection of fiction, management, self help books which I totally liked them all and enjoyed reading thoroughly.
I really like self help books which inspires and make me think from a different angle, even though it is hard to practice at day to day life; but strongly believe that sometime those hints pop up in your mind to practice.

After a dose of self help books, fiction with a nice light story will help to relax and enjoy reading and it does ... Yippe!

Here the list goes

Fiction
1. The Immortals of Meluha
2. The Secrets of Nagas
3. The Undomestic Goddess
4. Advertising for Love
5. Just the way you are




Self Help
6. Who moved my cheese
7. The Monk who sold his Ferrari
8. The Greatness Guide
9. The Power of Now



I have not yet completed "The Power of Now" although it's been over a year since I bought. This book was recommended by a stranger in the book store when I was thinking of whether to buy this book or not. She said if you dont understand something in this book, read again, it is a great book.
This book is peculiar as the author himself suggests to pause reading and think about what was read in the earlier section and realize it. It does help and I feel you need to think and practice what the author says then and there to understand its importance. Maybe, thats the reason I have left it incomplete still.

Read them as per your taste and let me know which one did you like the most.

Eagerly waiting for the third book in Shiva Trilogy from Amish...

No comments: